Basic Documents You Need for Property Selling in Edmonton


The documents for a property selling in Edmonton will be different based on the area where you stay and what kind of property you are selling. If a specific form is not necessary, it helps get as much info as possible for buyers’ mental peace. If you have no idea what documents you need before going through the selling process, read the list of papers I mentioned below.

Financial Details

Financial data may incorporate anything from the Land Title Certificate. It gives information on the charge of the property and any other registered interest in it. If the seller has an active mortgage loan, he will require complete paperwork. Moreover, the buyers will need to know the municipal tax analysis that you can get from the local municipal office.

The closing document provides the ultimate details of the property, incorporating the buying cost and data on the change of possession. Being the seller, you must finalize everything before drawing up the documents. A slight difference between closing and original documents can postpone the property transfer.

Property Details

An Edmonton seller can provide accurate details to a property buyer through the paperwork. Gas and electricity statements from the last year will help buyers know how much they will need to budget for utility bills. If there are fixed costs or any lease contract on the property, buyers must also have access to that document.

Also, if the sellers had an earlier tenant on their properties with active leases, they may require an accurate property analysis from when they first bought the property. Sellers and buyers will also agree to the things incorporated in a property and the items that are not.

Things to Do In Case of Destroyed or Missing Documents

Based on the location of the property you are selling and the kind of structure, you have perhaps spent lots of time gathering documents for sale. When some of those documents get destroyed or lost, you will need to replace them. Moreover, it would help if you began such processes in no time. While you can acquire some documents fast, a few documents need slightly more effort and time.

If you have lost the land title certificate, you will have to visit the local title registry office to begin the process. If necessary, you can get municipal tax analysis quickly at the local tax office with evidence of ownership. If you are a condo owner, you may need other documents that the community’s governing board, like the homeowner association, can obtain. Other missing papers necessary for the sale will be accessible on file with your realtor, legal expert, and escrow officer.

Contact Chris Hedstrom to Know More about Essential Documentation

Consulting a real estate agent like Chris Hedstrom is the best way for sellers in the case of property selling in Edmonton. I can help the sellers decide what documents they require on hand before selling their properties. A property in a popular location may require the bare minimum for closing the sale, but many deals will need more details.

1 Message Us On Facebook Message us on Facebook!