The pandemic has affected the real estate market a great deal. After years of steady growth, the real estate market is now showing a downturn trend. There is an oversupply of the properties, an increase in the 'days on the market', and stagnating prices. It makes selling houses a challenging task. If you are a real estate agent and finding it difficult to see it, here are a few effective tactics to sell real estate listings in Edmonton in the buyer's market:
Start marketing the property right after signing the contract: It is best to get to work after you enter into an agreement with the seller. In today's time, it is essential to use the power of social media. Make a short preview of the new listing and tag the location and neighborhood.
- Let the other agent know: Get in touch with some real estate agents and give them a sneak peek of your listing with address and price. They might be working with some buyers interested in moving into the same neighborhood and fitting their budget. It indeed improves the chance to sell the property.
- Don't underestimate the power of real estate signs: Add a "coming soon" sign to the property as soon as you get into the contract. Make sure that your contact information is displayed prominently. People driving through the neighborhood will get to know you, and your chances of closing the deal go up.
- Make the property stand out by staging it: This is critical, especially in the times of the buyer's market. You can't afford to stage the property and let it sit for months in the market. Some of the benefits of the home staging the property are:
- It helps in creating a good first impression in the pictures.
- A good home stager will help you highlight the best features of the property.
- Allow the potential buyer to connect emotionally with home.
- It is often seen that staged properties sell faster and at better prices than those in the same neighborhood.
- Hire a professional photographer: Hiring a professional photographer to take the pictures is critical. Look for a photographer who knows how to make an interior shot look good and understands interior layout, design, composition, and light. An experienced photographer will not just come and take the pictures and leave; they will adjust the furniture and decor to compose an interesting shot.
- Host open house: When it comes to selling a house, open houses are critical as it allows the buyers to experience the house in person. During the walkthrough of the home, it is easier for the buyer to determine whether they like the house or not and get a better understanding of bedroom dimensions, backyard size, floor plan layout, and more.
Though, there are many other strategies too that you can rely on. Chris Hedstrom, a trusted name for real estate listings in Edmonton, believes that with the tactics mentioned above, you will be able to sell the property in no time and close the deals. Contact us for more details.